Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Candy Names (Updated)

Image Credit
Happy Halloween, everybody! I updated my Halloween candy post from last year, enjoy.

Expected:
Henry- People probably won't get the connection unless you hand out Oh Henrys.
Joy- Slightly dated, but a lovely name nonetheless.
Kat- Stick with Kit.
Mary Jane- A nasty candy, but sweet name.
Mike- He's definitely a dad name, but I have met some young kids named Mike recently.
Reese- A great name, and who doesn't love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?
Ruth- Baby Ruths are delicious, and would be a great first Halloween costume for your baby.

Unique:
Heath- A classy name and a classy candy. It's a perfect match.
Ike- I love the nickname Ike, especially for Isaac. More people should consider him an option.
Kit- My favorite nickname for Katherine. She's simple and modern.
York- Ultra preppy. And the peppermint patties are solid.
Unheard of:
Charleston- An extravagant way to get to Charlie.
Honey- I don't think anyone gives out Bit O' Honeys on Halloween, so maybe the name should retire along with the candy.
Pixie- Strictly nickname only, and even that's a little much.
Tootsie- I happen to enjoy Tootsie Rolls, but using her as a name is a little too Dustin Hoffman.

2 comments:

  1. Or you could pay homage to Charles Schulz and name your kid Peppermint Patty, who was actually named after York Peppermint Patties. This would be a strange choice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, who would name their kid Peppermint Patty? I like Pepper though. Pepper Araminta Patricia? Hah.

      Delete