Monday, October 13, 2014

Explorer Names

Image Credit
Hey guys, happy Columbus Day! I don't get this day off of school anymore (in Chicago we get Pulaski Day off instead). I thought it would be perfect to honor the holiday by talking about names for your little explorer. So, enjoy, and tell me what you think.

Expected:
Destiny- A little out of style (there are a lot of Destinys my age), but not a bad virtuous pick.
Journey- Wouldn't she make a cool middle name for a girl? I would like to see that.

Unique:
Asra- I've talked about Azra before, but I think I like this spelling even more. He's an interesting and quirky choice, but not too out-there.
Beatrix- Her roots suggest that she could mean "traveler," which is perfect for your explorer of a daughter.
Doran- Doran means "wanderer" in Gaelic, and is a great choice for a boy or a girl.

Unheard of:
Ferdinand- Double points for Ferdinand, he means "brave journey" and is the first name of esteemed explorer Magellan.
Peregrine- A little long and grand for a boy, I'm not sure if he's useable. Maybe if he was called Perry?
Saira- Gorgeous alternative to Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment