Monday, August 17, 2015

The Best Middle Names for Boys

Image Credit
What makes these the best middle names for boys? The secret is in the syllable pattern. Two syllable names with the second syllable stressed flow with any name--long or short. This makes them some of the most popular options for middle names, though many people can't articulate what makes them like a particular combo or middle name (like I said, it's the syllable pattern). I've listed as many options as I can think of here. Any that I missed? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Abdul
Ahmad
Amir
Andres
Aziz
Cadell
Cornell
Darnell
Durand
Duval
Emile
Eugene
Hamal
Hakim
Haroon
Hasan
Ivan
Jamal
Jerome
Joaquin
Jose
Khalil
Lamar
LaRue
Lorenz
Luis
Maguire
Malone
Manuel
Marcel
Mathis
Maurice
Maxim
McCoy
Miguel
Monroe
Nadeem
Pascal
Pascoe
Pierre
Quebec
Quennell
Ramon
Raul
Samir
Sandeep
Stefan
Tariq
Terrell
Tomas
Tullier

5 comments:

  1. The only other ones I can think of right now are Aziz and Omar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think of that! I didn't realize there is more than one way to pronounce Omar. Everyone I know named Omar stresses the first syllable--fascinating!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I know stresses the latter, and insists it is the correct pronounciation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I know stresses the latter, and insists it is the correct pronounciation!

    ReplyDelete