Monday, August 25, 2014

Fran- Names for Girls

Image Credit
Hey guys! Today is the first day of my senior year (hooray!) and to honor that, I thought we'd take a look at one of my favorite name prefixes. Frances is my number two girls name (after Nell, course), but there are so many great options beyond that. Tell me your favorite in the comments!

Expected:
Frances- Classic, but coming back into style. You can't go wrong with Frances.
Francesca- Gorgeous and romantic. A lovely choice.
Frankie- Will Drew Barrymore make this one mainstream? Time will tell, but until then, Frankie makes a spunky pick.
Frannie- Super sweet and semi-Southern. Frannie is a winner.

Unique:
Francie- I know I'm normally adverse to nicknames, but even I can't resist Francie's charm. She's also the main character in my favorite book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
Francine- I find that many people older than me think this one is useable. I have hesitations, maybe because I grew up watching Arthur.
Francisca- Take Francesca to the next level.
Francoise- Very French, yet completely useable in the United States.

Unheard of:
France- Short and sweet, plus and ultra-cool place name.
Franca/Franka- This German name sounds harsher than the others, but is the most straightforward way to honor a Frank.
Francille- Francille is very pretty, and fits in with today's popular names.
Fransabelle- Frances or Isabelle? No need to choose, go with the extravagant Fransabelle!
Franzetta- She may seem slightly outlandish, but she gets bonus points for the nickname Etta.


P.S. Pictured above is my favorite magazine, Frankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment