Monday, August 18, 2014

Alternatives to Vale

Image Credit
Hey everyone, I'm back! I had a great time in Italy (the best name I heard was Ultimo- for a dog :). While I was gone, Today Show host Savannah Guthrie had her baby, whose name is getting lots of attention. Vale is such a great name because of her uniqueness yet familiarity, which many people are going to want to replicate. So, if you want a name similar to Vale, whether it be by sight, sound, or style, I have some options for you.

Sight
Val- Not quite as stand-alone as Vale, but she makes a great nickname for Valerie and the like.
Valla- Very feminine, but I would stick with Valley.
Valley- I've been hearing this name more lately, her nature ties are trendy.

Sound
Valencia- Vale could easily be a nickname for the beautiful Valencia.
Valentina- Valentina is ultra-girly, using Vale as a short form makes her more even-keel.
Sail- Why not? Sail fits right in with all of our water names, and would make a cute nickname for Sailor.

Style
Lux- Just like Vale, Lux is a short and sweet word name.
Prairie- She's a little more obvious than Vale, but Prairie is a great name.
Wren- Wren would be the perfect sister name for Vale (take notes, Savannah!). She's calm and serene, plus not too girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment