Wednesday, August 27, 2014

10 H Names You Never Thought of Using: Girls

Image Credit
This list was a fun one to put together. There are so many great, undiscovered H girls names. What's your favorite on this list? (I can't decide between Hero and Harbor). Which names would you add? Tell me in the comments!

Hadiya- Hadiya is a GORGEOUS name. I've loved it ever since I used it in a school assignment freshman year.

Halona- Super pretty and feminine, yet not over the top. She would be a great way to honor a Hal.

Hanita- I get it, Anita sounds super dated. Have no fear! Hanita is a unique choice that updates Great Aunt Anita's name.

Harbor- I can't believe no one has thought of this yet. Harbor just sounds like a name. Plus, there are so many parents looking for a name that is similar to Harper, yet barely used. Harbor is the obvious answer. Put me in the books for predicting the popularity of Harbor. I can feel it. Next big celebrity baby name?

Helaine- She sounds like a mix of Helen and Elaine, which is perfect if you need to honor both of those ladies.

Helia- A pretty Greek name with the best meaning (sunshine!). I would choose Helia over Delia in a heartbeat.

Heloise- Eloise too mainstream? Try Heloise, which is essentially the same...but less popular. (I don't suggest this one for use if you want to avoid Eloise confusion).

Helsa- Frozen ruined Elsa. Maybe, but we can't say for sure. You could always go with Helsa, but unfortunately her first syllable is not as pretty.

Henrietta- Are there people besides myself who like this name? Henrietta is super cool, embrace her charm and wealth of nickname possibilities.

Hero- A Shakespearian modern word name? That sounds like a oxymoron, but it's not. Hero meets both those requirements while managing to be super spunky, and yes, useable.

Holloway- Holloway seemed a little crazy at first, until I met an adorable little girl with the name. She's a lovely name that is more modern than Holly and less Christmas than Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment